watercolor for cardmakers

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Using a background done with watercolor technique from Watercolor Class

This card was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  Such a talented inspirational artist!! You can check her card I used as inspiration at jennifer mcguire ink

I have been collecting so many differ supplies over the years that I never use but pulled out because of the class Watercolor for Cardmakers I am taking.  I decided to use ate die cut from Simon Says Stamp FALLING STARS and used watercolor paper.  I wanted bold colors so i used Tim Holtz's Distress Paints and stains and lots of  water deluded layers of color.  I did add the pearlescent liquid acrylic that added a lot of sparkle to the different layers.

     
  I used DCWV Glitter pater to cut the moon, stars and the background under the die cut!!!  Love how sparkly this is and no mess too!!!  The sentiment I did on the computer because I didn't have the stamp and so loved the sentiment!!! 

Here is the finished card!!!

I am so loving this class and have learned so much about color and blending to get a look yo like!!!

No comments: