watercolor for cardmakers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Santa Slackers 2nd week



When I saw this sketch I knew that I would have to take out my new Winter Frolic cartridge and give it a try.
And as I was laying out the little girl with the packages I found the other packages with the swirl that i used as an extra embellishment.  I bought the snowflake on acetate last year and decided to emboss the circle in back of it with swiss dots to add some dimension.  The sentiment ( heat embossed)  is a $1 stamp i picked up last year.  I doodled the face and some stitching with a little added bling!!  I even used some glitter on the package instead of using stickles. (Stickles are much easier and less mess)   I did use pop dots to give some dimension and added a little bow to the bearer of gifts!!  I hope everyone is enjoying our little challenge and I love seeing all the cards everyone has shared!! Keep them coming!!

Feel free to make and post more than one if you want!!  The more we do now the less stress we have later!!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

What a cute little girl!

Unknown said...

Your card is very very nice. There are
so many details on it and I love how
you´ve placed them!
Yours
Marion

Blue6366 said...

Another great card this week....I'm going to have to give this one a try as well - even though I don't have this cart.

I love the details that you put into this one and that little girl is just too cute.

Larelyn said...

Hi Sandi,
Just wanted you to know that I posted your challenge on my blog with links to your's and Joy's blogs and also the mb. Since I posted my current challenge card, I figured I'd plug the challenge as well. Love your card and I'm very excited about the challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn
http://handmadefromtheheart-designsbylarelyn.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

You really ARE on a roll! Love all of the sparkle! I need to look back at that cart. I have it but wasn't too impressed until I saw this! ADORABLE! xxD