watercolor for cardmakers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A very special Anniversary

 Some very dear friends are celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary this week while we are on a trip with them to Mrytle Beach.  I wanted to make a very special card for them because they really are such a inspirational couple!!!  I have learned so much from them and can't figure out for me how they have been married this long and dont even look the age that they are married.
 I used the bloom cartridge to make the larger flowers and stuck a small flower from K and Company in the center and used Prima rosebuds also.  Tim Holtz tickets inked.  And a stamp image from Hampton Arts!!!  the bow is my attempt at using some old seam binding spritzed with some homemade glimmer mist!!!  Lots of layering on this one as well as distress ink!!!!
I finished off the insides with some stickers I had and computer generated what I want to tell them on their Special Day.  I only hope that I am still around to have  been married the numbers of years these two have been and that you can see the love between me and my husband as you can between the two of them!!! 
Thanks for looking and thank all of you for the contributions you have made to me to make this card!!!


Sandi

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Hi Sandi, I really enjoy your blog and love the creations that you create and wanted to pass on the "SWEET BLOG AWARD" to you. Please hop over to my site and pick it up. Thanks for your inspiration.
God Bless you,
Kellie
Kardsbykellie.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! I am sure this will be a treasured keepsake for the couple!
I have a blog award for you! Stop by my blog when you have time to pick it up!
Hugs!
Glenda