watercolor for cardmakers

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Applying day 5 of Holiday 5 workshop

Well I have been busy at my little desk and it is sure a mess trying out some of the cards from Day 5 of the workshop.  Here are a few of the things I learned while making my mess.....

Liquitex  Modeling Paste does work like embossing paste.  It drys white and you can emboss with it while it is still wet.  Good thing because I have a whole jar and a little goes a long way!!!!  I also used some bling I have had for a few years.  Scrap what you have!!!

I need to do a better job in cleaning up embossing powder before I heat it though....
Made a stencil of a branch with my cameo....  so I learned to cut out stencils and it work quite well  
This should save me a little but it is nice to have the stencils out there because they don't take as much work!!!

I used my cameo to cut out the green paper with my tree shape!  and I also did not have a die for my banner which I found on my silhouette site but had a hard time with the star.  The stripe is a piece of scrap I found laying on my desk so I guess the mess was somewhat useful!!!  No stamping except
for the sentiment!!!  The tree is some washi tape I have from last xmas.  I think I might be making more of these!!!!

1 comment:

Chasn Paper said...

I know what you mean by using what you have. I've been trying to do the same myself! Beautiful snowflake card!