watercolor for cardmakers

Monday, November 11, 2013

I am taking a Class

Well it sure has been a while since I have done any constructive work and I have really wanted to get back at it so I decided to take a class.  Today was the first day and I thought I would follow along with each instructor and duplicate as close as i can to the card that was made.

The first one was one Kristina Werner  * The pocket card


I didn't have her cute penguin stamp and this little guy would be so hard to cut out so I circle punched him after I used Copic to color him in and put a vellum pocket on the inside of this card .  Practiced those bows too!!!

Card number 2 was byJennifer McGuire  * Unique Fold


 Now on mine I used more traditional Christmas colors but this went together so fast and loved working on it I stamped my own background (most time consuming thing on card)  found some sparkly paper for the tree and added a star sequin on top,  I did use gold embossing on my sentiment and it shows up better than on the picture.  (Will be making more of these to send out easy and looks great!!!


Card number 3 byJoy Taylor


I did try her method of layering but couldn't get my silhouette to cut it clean might of been the paper so I opted to use my Distress inks and used three different colors to get the same look and be cause I didn't have the die I found a font pretty close and welded and cut the peace out and used the negative on the front and the word on the inside.  I used a different snowflake but all in all looks pretty close don't you think!!!!

I didn't get to the forth card but hope to get it worked on tomorrow won't be the same but I am aiming for pretty close.  Lots of ideas floating thru my head now and feel a little more inspired to try a few more .....

3 comments:

Jean said...

You've been busy! These are all fantastic!

Katherine K :) said...

Wow! Great cards. You got a lot done today!

Sharon Underwood said...

Love your cards! I look forward to seeing more throughout the class!