watercolor for cardmakers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter with Songbird

 

easter with songbird 2011-04-22 002

I had gotten this cartridge some time ago and never used it!!!  I was leafing through the manual and came up with this idea of a font card!!!  I did some welding in DS basically because it is easier to see when welding than with my gypsy and I wanted to shadow the greeting and add the little birdie perched on top. I hid the letters with the hide cut and stamped the letters using some alphabet stamps by studio G called ditto. added a reflection flower (which was clearance’d already at M’s for 99 cents per pkg)  and some rick rack. 

 

Inked with Tim Holtz’s bundled sage!

And last but not least pop dotted to make the working pop!!

I made my own envelope, made to fit with the Just Because Cartridge.  It is the second envelope on page 65 of the manual.  (used ds to make it fit to size) card is 41/2 x 6.

easter with songbird 2011-04-22 003

Card Making is always a learning experience for me and fun and relaxing.

I wanted to wish everyone a Blessed Easter to you and your families!!!

 

Sandi