watercolor for cardmakers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

**Snowman** Birthday???

I guess when I make a birthday card I don't think of snow.  But I guess a cute little snowman would be OK to wish someone a Happy Birthday!!!  Over at  the birthdaysundaes.blogspot they are running a challenge!!!
The goal of Birthday Sundaes is to build up those birthday card stashes!  Their rules are easy...

Any birthday card entries must have 'birthday wording' somewhere on your card front.



(Ex: Happy Birthday, Celebrate, Make a Wish, things of that nature)
Each challenge will run Sunday 12:00 AM EST - Saturday 9:00 PM EST.
 
This week's challenge is to create a birthday card using the following picture as inspiration. We've added a new twist to our inspiration pictures this term and will require one visible element from the picture. So your birthday cards must have a SNOWMAN on it.

 
 
Isn't that the cutest Picture you ever seen!!!  Those little snowman look good enough to eat!!!
 
 
This is what I came up with after much trial and error!!!


Well i took out an older cartridge to design my card..."Doodlecharms"  and married it with my Imagine using the paper cartridge" Mr. Frosty"  to get the right papers I had in mind .
Used some embellishment and of course a little glitter and layer after layer of coordinating paper.  My card is a 5" square card and i was able to use  my Imagine to print the background paper and different cuts  to size for this winter birthday card!!  A special thanks to the design team for not only challenging me but inspiring me to do more and think outside of the box!!!!

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute! I love the party hat and twine scarf on your snowman :) Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!